Dana and Angie Visited the Asheville Farmstead School

How many of you are familiar with the Asheville Farmstead School?

How many of you are familiar with the Asheville Farmstead School? We love the mission of this school and Dana and Angie were thrilled to get to visit last week.


The school is all outdoors and even has a classroom that looks like a treehouse complete with a climbing wall leading up the front of it! The kids help make trails, play in the mud & learn surrounded by nature and the elements.


They have a vegetable garden, an orchard and are working on a food forest! There are many edibles mixed with natives and pollinator plants throughout the property and the kids help maintain and harvest everything. The last pic is their composting toilet and they have a cute little hands-free washstand outside plus sanitizing spray located throughout the property for Covid.


The Asheville Farmstead School runs the Enka-Candler Tailgate Market. 75% of the proceeds go towards student and summer camp scholarships and the other 25% is invested in the local Enka-Candler community. Check out the market on Thursdays from 3pm-6pm at 1465 Sand Hill Rd, Candler, NC 28715 and help support a great cause!


Check out the Enka-Candler Market on Facebook and Instagram


Learn more about The Asheville Farmstead School and visit their Facebook or Instagram